ProAssurance companies underwrite and issue your professional liability policy through the Ob-Gyn Risk Alliance risk purchasing group program. The Ob-Gyn Risk Alliance and ProAssurance have worked together to build your policy, the patient safety program, and the underwriting, risk management, and claims teams who will be with you every step of the way.
Ob-Gyns who are accepted into the program and sign the risk management commitment form will automatically receive a 25% premium discount. Additionally, members of the Ob-Gyn Risk Alliance will be eligible for future profit sharing premium credits if those are earned through favorable risk purchasing group loss experience.
When you consider the coverage and resources we bring you in concert with ProAssurance, the Ob-Gyn Risk Alliance is the best choice for obstetricians and gynecologists.
Of course, our policy includes a Consent to Settle provision (where legally permitted); if you want to defend, we will not settle. Helping to protect your identity as a physician is as important as minimizing your risk. We get it and pledge to consult you at every important step.
In addition to the standard coverage, our policy provides these unique coverage benefits:
Healthcare Professional Liability Policy Ob-Gyn RPG Endorsement
- If separate professional incidents for mother and child are alleged, they will be granted separate “primary limits of liability” up to the aggregate limit.
- Professional incidents reported within 60 days of the date on which a professional incident occurs will not be subject to an assertion of liability (normally limited to 30 days).
- Download a copy of the Healthcare Professional Liability Policy Ob-Gyn RPG Endorsement
Legal Defense Coverage Part Extended Form
- Coverage for investigation by a Commercial payer
- EMTALA (specifically named)
- Coverage for Fines and Penalties with overall policy aggregate of $50,000
- Download a Copy of the Legal Defense Coverage Part Extended Form
To learn more about our policy, contact an Ob-Gyn Risk Alliance/ProAssurance agent.