Helping You Reduce Risk and Improve Patient Safety
As a member of the Ob-Gyn Risk Alliance, you have exclusive access to a variety of ob-gyn-specific educational activities and tools—including unlimited access to online Advanced Practice Strategies (APS) courses provided at no additional cost. Take full advantage of your membership by leveraging these useful resources for your practice. You can earn CME credit and receive a substantial premium discount by completing these important educational activities.
What applies to you?
Online Advanced Practice Strategies (APS) Courses
APS courses are offered in two formats:
- Traditional online format; and
- Personal Proficiency Module (PPM) format.
PPMs measure your level of knowledge on a given topic and provide you with a personalized Learning Path. This approach ensures you focus on information most useful to you rather than areas where you are already proficient. (CME credit will vary based on your personalized learning plan.)
Here’s an example of how you may benefit with the PPM format:
The “Fetal Assessment and Monitoring” series of courses takes 9.75 hours to complete. It took one physician 1.39 hours to complete a PPM pretest. She then was assigned a customized learning path that eliminated course content for which she already demonstrated proficiency. Her learning path coursework took 2.35 hours to complete. This physician saved 6.01 hours by choosing the PPM learning option!
The following APS courses are available to you:
PPM Format (CME credit will vary based on your personalized learning plan.):
- Fetal Assessment and Monitoring Series
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Updates in Postpartum Hemorrhage
- Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy
Traditional Online Format:
- Risk Management Basics: Protection and Pitfalls (2 hours CME)
- Informed Consent in Breast Cancer (2 hours CME)
- SBAR+R: Structuring Communication in Health Care (2 hours CME)
- Operative and Assisted Vaginal Delivery (2 hours CME)
- Reporting Errors: Learning from Experience (2 hours CME)
- The Disclosure of Unanticipated Outcomes (2 hours CME)
- The Risk of Poor Communications (2 hours CME)
ONLINE COURSE ACCESS
Click the "Sign in" link at the top of this website to sign into the ProAssurance Secure Services Portal (SSP). Once signed-in, select "Ob-Gyn Risk Alliance Courses" located under the "Seminars" menu item.
If you do not yet have an account for ProAssurance's SSP, select "Create an Account" from the sign in page.